Firebase Core for Flutter #
A Flutter plugin to use the Firebase Core API, which enables connecting to multiple Firebase apps.
For Flutter plugins for other Firebase products, see FlutterFire.md.
To use this plugin, add
firebase_core as a dependency in your pubspec.yaml file.
Getting Started #
example directory for a complete sample app using Firebase Core.
- Log a more detailed warning at build time about the previous AndroidX migration.
- Breaking change. Migrate from the deprecated original Android Support Library to AndroidX. This shouldn't result in any functional changes, but it requires any Android apps using this plugin to also migrate if they're using the original support library.
- Bump Android dependencies to latest.
- Bump Android and Firebase dependency versions.
- Updated Gradle tooling to match Android Studio 3.1.2.
- Updated Google Play Services dependencies to version 15.0.0.
- Simplified podspec for Cocoapods 1.5.0, avoiding link issues in app archives.
- Fix setting project ID on Android.
- Breaking change. Options API is now async to interoperate with native code that configures Firebase apps.
- Provide a getter for the default app
- Fix setting of GCM sender ID on iOS
- Fix projectID on iOS
- Fix behavior of constructor for named Firebase apps.
- Breaking change. Set SDK constraints to match the Flutter beta release.
- Fixed Dart 2 type errors.
- Enabled use in Swift projects.
- Moved to the io.flutter.plugins org.
- Fixed warnings from the Dart 2.0 analyzer.
- Simplified and upgraded Android project template to Android SDK 27.
- Updated package description.
- Breaking change. Upgraded to Gradle 4.1 and Android Studio Gradle plugin 3.0.1. Older Flutter projects need to upgrade their Gradle setup as well in order to use this version of the plugin. Instructions can be found here.
- Fixes for database URL on Android
- Make GCM sender id optional on Android
- Relax GMS dependency to 11.+
- Initial Release
Demonstrates how to use the firebase_core plugin.
Getting Started #
For help getting started with Flutter, view our online documentation.
Use this package as a library
1. Depend on it
Add this to your package's pubspec.yaml file:
dependencies: firebase_core: ^0.3.0+1
2. Install it
You can install packages from the command line:
$ flutter pub get
Alternatively, your editor might support
flutter pub get.
Check the docs for your editor to learn more.
3. Import it
Now in your Dart code, you can use:
Describes how popular the package is relative to other packages. [more]
Code health derived from static analysis. [more]
Reflects how tidy and up-to-date the package is. [more]
Weighted score of the above. [more]
We analyzed this package on Oct 8, 2019, and provided a score, details, and suggestions below. Analysis was completed with status completed using:
- Dart: 2.5.1
- pana: 0.12.21
- Flutter: 1.9.1+hotfix.4
Detected platforms: Flutter
References Flutter, and has no conflicting libraries.
Maintenance issues and suggestions
Homepage URL doesn't exist. (-20 points)
At the time of the analysis the
https://github.com/flutter/plugins/tree/master/packages/firebase_core was unreachable.